Saturday 30 July 2016

Jack Mortellaro - A Tough Upbringing

Jack Mortellaro has been running Diamond Condition Properties since he was twenty years old, and says that with his years of experience he can do just about anything when it comes to building and construction. “I have worked on and helped flip hundreds of houses. I have worked on many renovations and flips for myself.”
Jack Mortellaro
He has been working at one job or another since he was about thirteen years old, when he got a job working in a deli. After that he got a job with a landscaping company, and was so impressive to his supervisors that by the time he was seventeen, he was supervising his own crew and driving one of the company trucks.

“I had a tough upbringing,” he says today. He says his father was the most stressed-out person he’s ever known, and was also very strict with him and his five sisters. “My mom would be home all day with the kids. My father would be at work all day and night.” Eventually, though, it was his father who raised him and his siblings. It was hard work, and without many rewards. “I give him props because he never left us.”

Jack Mortellaro says he grew up with the sense that he was never good enough, even though he was active in school sports and was player on the lacrosse and football teams in high school. “I was a fighter though,” he says. “I think never being good enough gave me that drive to always better myself in life.”